Did you know that car experts recommend using different tires during different seasons? You might be asking yourself, “Should I really replace my tires twice a year?” When tire experts advise drivers to outfit their cars with winter tires during the winter, they aren’t saying you should throw out your summer tires! What you should do is properly store them until next summer.
As the weather begins to go from glorious sun and warmth to a standard gray color and colder temperatures, you should consider buying your winter tires. If you already have them in storage you should dust them off and schedule an installation. Yes, as much as we hate to admit it, winter, and unpredictable weather is right around the corner.
Don’t forget the time to get an alignment is perfect when changing tires, it will also help preserve the life of your tires. Here are some key facts about winter tires.
Winter Tire Benefits:
- Built specifically to work in winter conditions like cold weather, slush and snow
- Rubber compound stays soft in cold conditions
- DID YOU KNOW? All season tires aren’t as flexible under 32 degrees.
- Better grip and improved braking even in extreme weather as compared to all season and summer tires
Who Should Have Winter Tires?
- Definitely recommend: If your average winter temperature is below 35 degrees, we definitely recommend winter tires.
- Optional: If the average winter temperature is between 35-45 degrees, you could benefit from winter tires, but are optional in your region.
- Do not need: If your average winter temperature is above 45 degrees, good for you. Enjoy the beach and your summer or all-season tires all year round.
Stop by your local Tire Discounters neighborhood store for more information on winter tires. Or schedule an appointment today.